Hendersonville, N.C., April 9, 2020 – Today, officials from United Way of Henderson County and Community Foundation of Henderson County announced the recipients of the second round of relief grants from the COVID-19 Response Fund.
Grants were awarded Thursday morning to 9 organizations, totaling $64,000. This brings the awards from this special fund to $127,000 for 20 organizations since the Henderson County COVID-19 Response Fund was first established on March 20. To date, the fund has raised more than $250,000.
The second round of grants were awarded to:
- AdventHealth Hendersonville for the purchase of and material to make Personal Protective Equipment for hospital staff. ($5,000)
- Amazing Grace Ministries of Hendersonville to assist clients with rent and utility help. ($10,000)
- Anchor Baptist Church & Ministries for weekly food boxes. ($5,000)
- The Free Clinics for pharmacy services including e-prescribing. ($10,000)
- MANNA FoodBank for food distribution to Henderson County partner pantries. ($10,000)
- Medical Loan Closet of Hendersonville for emergency medical equipment loans. ($5,000)
- Only Hope, WNC for food, basic needs, and housing expenses for local homeless youth. ($7,000)
- Open Arms Crisis Pregnancy Center for diapers, wipes, and formula for families in need. ($6,000)
- St. Gerard House for distance learning support for students with autism. ($6,000)
An advisory committee of representatives from local government and community institutions who are working directly with impacted populations will continue to proactively identify emerging community needs, strategies to meet those needs, and potential grant recipients. The Fund Distribution Committee is reviewing applications and determining awards on a rolling basis making it possible to provide resources quickly.