Grants from the Perry N. Rudnick Endowment Fund serve Western North Carolina with a focus on organizations primarily located in Buncombe, Henderson, Polk and Transylvania Counties. Grants are generally used for specific projects and not operating expenses.
Established as a private foundation in 2001, the Perry N. Rudnick Endowment became a component fund of Community Foundation of Henderson County three years later in 2004.
The Community Foundation invested $6.2 million and each year a portion of the income is used to award grants. Since 2004, the Perry N. Rudnick Endowment has awarded more than 400 grants to over 125 distinct organizations totaling more than $4.3 million. Demonstrating the power of endowment, the Perry N. Rudnick Endowment Fund assets are currently more than $6.7 million.
Rudnick Fund Areas of Interest include:
- Arts and Culture
- Health and Human Services
The Perry N. Rudnick Fund encourages proposals that:
- Demonstrate collaboration
- Affect a broad segment of the population
- Are relevant to overall community needs and available resources
- Enhance or improve organizations which serve clients whose needs are not met by existing services and which encourage client independence, self-sufficiency and responsibility
- Emphasize prevention and early intervention